What are the benefits of becoming a member of the TPCBA?
THE TOP 10 REASONS
1. Discounts with your membership toward CLE programs designed specifically for attorneys and staff practicing in Pierce County.
2. Monthly subscription to the "Bar News" which contains important information about changes in local, state and federal rules, updates on case law, announcements of professional meetings and programs, information about upcoming CLE programs and Bar socials and offers opportunities to advertise your practice. The Bar News lists employment opportunities, services, office space available and more.3. Opportunity to obtain a courthouse I.D. card which can be used for easy entry into the Pierce County Courthouse (County-City Building) without having to pass through the metal detectors. At the courthouse you'll have accessibility to the attorney's lounge, located on the 2nd floor in Room 238. The lounge offers fresh coffee and the morning newspaper, a resume book for secretarial and office staff positions, bakery donuts (Friday mornings only), and a place to relax.
4. You may also elect membership on TPCBA's Lawyer Referral Panel. Our Lawyer Referral Service offers members an opportunity to receive referrals in many areas of law, including personal injury, which may increase your client base.
6. Participation in Bar elections and surveys on important issues that may affect your practice, access to the TPCBA website (www.tpcba.com) and use of the TPCBA Conference Room.
7. Participation in local Bar committees and sections.
8. Participation in many social activities such as the Annual Golf Tournament, the Annual Bar Convention and much more.
9. Opportunities to serve the communityby being a member of the Speakers Bureau and by joining the many pro bono programs of the Volunteer Legal Services.
10. AND, an opportunity to be a part of one of the best and most congenial county bar associations in the state.
For additional information on becoming a member of the TPCBA, call (253) 272-8871.
Click here to download the 2013 Membership application.