The Tacoma-Pierce County Bar came into being on December 22, 1852, when Pierce County was brought into existence by an Act of the Legislature of Oregon Territory. In 1883 twenty members of the local Bar met and organized the first Bar Association in Pierce County.
What was originally the Tacoma Bar Association subsequently became the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association with 260 members in the late 1950’s. The Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association is now a membership of 1,400 with a total of 20 active committees and 3 sections. The Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association offers many services to its members and the public.
- Serve the members of the Pierce County community by promoting professionalism, community service and collegiality among lawyers
- Improve access to justice
- Increase the awareness of the role that the law plays in people’s lives
- Offer programs, benefits and services to its members
- Enhance and support the judicial system
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
945 Fawcett Avenue, Suite C
Tacoma, WA 98402-5612
Administration: (253) 272-8871
Find a Lawyer: (253) 383-3432
Fax: (253) 627-4718