Weekly Case Calendar at the Pierce County Courthouse (930 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, WA)
Unconscious Bias Video
Local Superior, District, and Municipal Courts have approved the video to be made a part of their juror orientations. As attorneys prepare cases for trial it may be of interest to know that this hidden subject is being addressed and brought to the attention of all potential jurors.
Summary of 2018 Proposed Local Rule Changes – March 30, 2018
The Pierce County Superior Court Local Rules Committee hereby submits its proposed rule changes to take effect September 1, 2018.
The following is a summary of the primary proposed changes. You should review the document (changes and additions are marked) for the complete proposed changes… continue reading Summary of 2018 Local Rule Changes and 2018 Proposed Local Rules Changes – Compiled.
A NEW EX PARTE SIGN IN PROCESS
The following steps will be required:
- YOU WILL PROCEED FIRST TO THE CLERK’S OFFICE (ROOM 110).
- In the Clerk’s Office there will be a dedicated computer kiosk to electronically sign in for ex parte matters.
- Complete the form on the computer screen. Once completed, the information will be electronically delivered to a queue for the clerk in Room 105.
- Proceed to the Ex Parte Dept (Room 105), and take a seat.
- Your case will be called in the same fashion as always, consistent with Ex Parte Policy, by the courtroom clerk.
Alternate Dispute Resolution Provider List (Updated 2-24-14)
Download Superior Court Ex Parte Policy
Effective September 19, 2016
The Pierce County District Court will no longer accept a “Limited” Notice of Appearance in criminal cases: click here to read the complete letter: Policy Letter-Limited NOA for Criminal Cases